Friday, May 22, 2009

Updates

Today, as I sit in Kampala, I reflect on the last three months, what an amazing experience being here, seeing sights that have been etched in my mind, and feeling feelings which have both broken my heart made my heart glad.

Thank you so much for all of your care and support for the last few months. I realize that there are a few posts, which have not been followed up on so I want to take a few minutes to update you on a few kids and experiences:

Innocent: He is growing well, but still is having some complications with infections. He is going in on Monday for surgery to place a shunt. Pray that his body will not fight this off again ☹

Molly: Shanita’s mom molly is doing well. She is back to work in her village, and although she is still feeling tremendous loss she has been able to continue to raise her five children.

Lydia: She is working on getting her degree in accounting and is still as radiant and generous as ever ☺

The Market ☺ The market continues to be an eye opening experience; however, last week when I went I reported my prices to the Ugandans when I got home and was told “ congratulations you did not get mzungued (over charged)” I thought of this as a feat ☺ At least till the next time I go ☺

Evas: She is so beautiful. The surgery was successful and the majority of the tumor was taken out. We are still waiting for the Pathology report to come back. Please pray for a miracle for this precious baby girl.

The Muddied Hut: The missionaries in Karamoja are doing well. They had a bit of a run in with the locals a few weeks ago which temporarily shut down the clinic; however, it is back on its feet and the missionaries are realizing what it means to take up your cross and follow Christ.

The Hospital: The hospital is doing great. The leadership team there has demonstrated passion and determination in the midst of some tough financial times. God continues to provide for the hospital, staff and babies. It is an amazing place to be, to see these families come in discouraged and hopeless and leave with a more educated, clear view of their babies and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment