Last week in the ward there was a young lady who everyone said, “ you need to meet this little Priscilla.” I walked over to see this 6 year old little girl whose front two teeth were missing and she grinned at me with her little tongue peeking through the gaps of her front teeth. I said, “ Goodmorning Priscilla, how are you?” She smiled and looked me in the eye saying, “ I am fine, how are you?” I obviously thought this was her last bit of English; however, I was very wrong.
Priscilla was on her way home, she had been informed that she had a brain tumor and would need to go home to Kampala until we knew pathology report was. Her mom, prissy, and her had packed up to go home. Priscilla had on her best trousers and top and her mom had her beautiful dress on, ready for travel.
… But… the rain was holding them up.
I asked Prsicilla, “ Do you like the rain? “ She answered, “ Yes but it is disorganizing our travel.” I laughed a little bit as this little girl was using quite adult words to express herself.
I asked her, “ Have you prayed?”
She said “ Yes”
I replied “ What did you say?”
She looked at me with sincere eyes and said “ I prayed that God would heal me.”
If your heart just dropped a bit, or tears now sting your eyes, or goosebumps fill your arms… you know exactly how I felt.
Faith like a child…
Here I was asking and provoking her to tell me about how she must have prayed for the rain to stop… but she did not see that as an issue to pray over… obviously the rain was just disrupting her day where the tumor was disrupting her life. She had faith that her Father wanted to hear her prayer, her plea for healing and belief that He will heal her.
As I type this blog I am moved by this little girl who has taught me about faith and prayer. Do I pray with this faith? I wish this blog could go on to say that her tumor was benign.. but I still do not know… what I can be confident in is that the healer has heard her prayer. It is in His hands we commit Priscilla, just like we commit our other babies to the Lord… it is Him who gives and takes away.
I am asking you to join little Priscilla in prayer this morning. Pray that she too will continue to feel and experience the peace that passes all understanding. It is in her Fathers arms she can relax and continue to smile, dream, laugh and pray with confidence in the one who created her wonderfully and perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment